Applying Decades of Firsthand Experience to Help Customers get back to Business Faster
US Ecology’s commitment to providing the most reliable and dependable service doesn’t stop when disaster strikes. Having serviced the Pacific, Gulf and Atlantic Coasts for decades, we are intimately familiar with the destruction caused by natural disasters and other catastrophic events, and the subsequent needs of those located in their paths. Our experience from responding to the aftermath of some of history’s most destructive storms and wildfires has helped shape our response protocols, training and resources, and enhance our ability to provide the safest, fastest and highest quality response to our customers when they need us the most.
How do we prepare? US Ecology tracks the development of all major storms to ensure our operations are positioned and prepared for the worst-case-scenario to respond to our customers’ pre and post event needs. In advance of an impending storm or spreading wildfire, US Ecology personnel hold daily task force calls with all operations that may be affected. Attended by key regional and branch operational management as well as support functions such as health and safety, call center management, IT, purchasing and other subject matter experts, these calls provide an overview of the latest status, trajectory and projected impact, customer outreach and anticipated support needs, and internal preparations to protect infrastructure and personnel.
At-risk operations prepare assets for potential impact, taking prudent measures to enable the safe return to impacted areas as soon as possible. These actions can include:
- Relocating response vessels and equipment out of threatened zones
- Conducting safety briefings with all personnel to ensure evacuation warnings are obeyed, emergency contact information is current and check-ins are conducted throughout an event
- Mobilizing (or preparing for immediate deployment/standby) additional equipment and personnel resources from nearby facilities and service centers, including items commonly needed for disaster response cleanup such as generators, vacuum trucks, pumps, roll off containers and trucks
During disasters, it’s imperative our crews are able to quickly mobilize to the site of an emergency in order to contain the event, minimize its impact on the environment and mitigate any hazards to public health. US Ecology operations complete several critical preparations to ensure we maintain operational readiness and the ability to immediately deploy resources to our customers as soon as possible. These include:
- Identifying sources and securing gasoline for vehicles and diesel fuel for trucks
- Issuing satellite (SAT) phones to regional leads and response managers
- Issuing emergency responder tags/badges for all response vehicles to ensure access to customers in impacted areas, clearance around blockades, evacuations and/or curfews as required
- Stocking response vehicles with supplies and materials and stage for rapid deployment
- Securing accommodations for response personnel mobilized to the impact zone(s), as well as for any team members displaced by the disaster
Pre-Disaster Response Services
Post Disaster Response Services
Minimize operational impact with US Ecology’s disaster response services. With US Ecology on standby, you have access to the industry’s best resources and response services with a single phone call. The result is faster recovery and minimized operational impact for your business. Our experienced crews stand by ready to assist with all your service needs. Call our experts 24/7 at (800) 899-4672.