A Message from our CEO Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
March 18, 2020
US Ecology is working diligently to ensure uninterrupted services for our customers during the current COVID-19 crisis. We have implemented detailed plans and protocols at all company locations to mitigate the spread of the virus and protect our team members, customers and the communities we serve. Ensuring safety and protecting public health are core to our business and we have over 65 years of experience doing just that.
We have taken several actions during the past two weeks in the following areas:
- Implemented new health and hygiene protocols for all team members
- Requiring certain employees work from home based on job function
- Added decontamination procedures for tools, trucks, common areas, etc.
- Restricted all non-essential travel
- Instituted specific protocols for drivers and field personnel performing service stops at customer sites
- Purchased no-contact thermometers, additional protective equipment and supplies for all locations
- Defined self-quarantine requirements
- Restricted visitation to our facilities and offices
We have established a COVID-19 Task Force that meets daily to review all aspects of the situation including team member health and safety, evolving regulatory orders and other items. We are closely monitoring daily changes and will take further steps as necessary.
As a leader in providing Emergency Response services, US Ecology is currently providing COVID-19 decontamination and disposal services for customers across the country. We maintain expert emergency response staff that are highly trained to manage decontamination events and we stand ready to support you. Please contact our Emergency Response team at (800) 899-4672 for more information.
Please contact your Account Representative if you would like more details on the steps US Ecology is taking to maintain services while doing our part to protect team members and customers.
There are also several helpful resources publicly available providing key information and the latest advice from professionals. These include:
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC- https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- World Health Organization (WHO)- https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)- https://www.nih.gov/health-information/coronavirus
- Your state and local government websites are also sources for information.
US Ecology is doing everything within our power to keep our team members, customers and communities safe. We remain focused on safety, environmental compliance and best-in-class customer service.
President and CEO