Uniquely Positioned Throughout North America to Safely Manage PFAS Contaminated Waste
With over 65 years of experience providing environmental solutions throughout North America, US Ecology is proud to be the industry leader with the technology and expertise to help you manage per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) waste needs. Achieve compliance and peace of mind with safe and secure solutions that isolate the PFAS molecule and end the cycle.
Our teams of experts work closely with federal and state regulators to assess the evolving regulatory framework surrounding PFAS management, and develop solutions to protect the environment from PFAS contaminants. We provide safe, viable and permanent waste management options customized to fit your needs:
- Secure arid climate Subtitle C landfill with zero leachate discharge
- Thermal, carbon filtration, injection, ion exchange or resin filtration systems capable of meeting water quality standards set by local POTWs
- Turnkey remediation, transportation and additional hazardous waste disposal solutions
Our Arid Climate Subtitle C Landfills Offer Long-Term, Secure Disposal Options for PFAS with Zero Discharge
US Ecology’s disposal sites in Grand View, ID and Beatty, NV offer the securities of RCRA Subtitle C landfill design and construction with the added natural protections of being in remote desert locations with negative amounts of annual net precipitation and extremely low humidity. Both facilities are strategically located in states that highly support the operations as necessary assets to address to support environmental cleanup projects throughout the country.
US Ecology’s Beatty and Grand View Subtitle C disposal cells meet the following required design criteria:
- Double or triple synthetic liners
- Multiple leachate collection and removal systems
- Leak detection systems
- Run on, runoff, and wind dispersal controls
- Construction quality assurance program
The design, construction and quality assurance requirements of Subtitle C landfills offer the most stringent performance capabilities to prevent waste from impacting the environment. As a result, PFAS contaminated waste disposed of in US Ecology’s arid climate landfills end the mobility cycle with containment with zero discharge. Subtitle C landfill cell requirements are shown below.
Accepted PFAS Waste Streams
- Contaminated soils, rinsates, sludges and groundwater
- AFFF concentrates and firefighting foam
- Solid or liquid remediation waste and debris
- Filter cake and water treatment media
- Landfill leachate
- Industrial by-products from plating, finishing, manufacturing and other sectors
History of PFAS
Per- and Polyfluoroalky substances (PFAS) have been produced in the US since the 1940s and are used in a wide variety of products and applications. PFAS are persistent in the environment and resistant to environmental degradation. The potential bioaccumulation of PFAS is a concern and EPA considers PFAS to be emerging contaminants.
Our footprint of state of the art facilities allows us to safely and efficiently support all your environmental and emergency response needs. Learn more about our 130+ locations across North America and around the world.
Our experts are ready to support your environmental and emergency response needs.
Contact us for a free consult and get started now.